Sunday, April 11, 2010

Los Angeles

My name is Christyn Koschmann -- my husband Hans Koschmann and Hans Knut were roommates in their first year at PLTS (deeming Hans Knut the name "Light Hans" and my husband, in comparison, "Dark Hans"). We currently live in LA and were not able to make it to Hans' funeral, though were wondering if there was a need to facilitate a get-together of sorts in Southern California. I know Carl lives down here, and is my memory serves me some of Carl's extended family live in the area, too. We would be happy to put together something if Carl or other friends or family members are on board. We are saddened, of course, that we were not able to join in the community at the funeral and feel a bit disconnect grieving alone here in LA.

In peace,
Christyn and Hans Koschmann
502.417.3132
christynh@mac.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christyn,

    I was a good friend to Hans while at Oberlin - Hans graduated '02, myself '03. We sang in the Obertones a capella group together and lived together post-college '03-'04. I am now living in Santa Barbara and would love to come to an LA-area celebration of Hans' extraordinary life and ability to touch others' lives if there is enough Southern California interest to generate something. Please keep me informed if something specific becomes planned, as I too was not able to make it to the Bay Area last weekend.

    Best,
    Jacob Adams
    Oberlin College '03
    jacobviola@gmail.com
    513.259.6078

    ReplyDelete